This blog has moved!!

I've made the jump to being self-hosted. I'll keep this blog up but for all new posts please visit http://www.designedbydawnnicole.com.

10.17.2012

DIY Glow In The Dark Trick-or-Treat Bags #iLoveToCraft

DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Trick or Treat Bags #iLoveToCreate #Halloween

Fall is by far my favorite season and I was thrilled when I received the opportunity to participate in the iLoveToCreate Fall Challenge.  I received a set of 12 Glow in the Dark Puffy Paints and immediately decided Trick-or-Treat bags would be the perfect thing to make with them.  This was a fun, simple, and inexpensive craft and my kids love their bags.  And they really do glow in the dark well too!

DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Trick or Treat Bags #iLoveToCreate #Halloween

To make these bags, you'll need the following:
-Plain Canvas Tote Bag
-Contact Paper
-Craft Cutter or Exacto Knife and mat for cutting stencil
-Tulip Puffy Paint Glow 12 Pack (available at WalMart)
-Tulip White Fabric Paint
-Small Paint Brush
-Gems (for girly version)

DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Trick or Treat Bags #iLoveToCreate #Halloween

For the "I {want} candy" bag, I came up with a design and cut it out using contact paper and a craft cutting machine (you can also do this with a cutting mat and sharp exacto knife).  I stuck the design to my bag and inserted the centers back into letters such as "A".

DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Trick or Treat Bags #iLoveToCreate #Halloween

I painted three coats of paint on the stencil, randomly alternating colors and allowing an hour drying time between coats.  Because the paint is pretty translucent, I marked colors on the stencil with a permanent marker as shown below so I knew which paint color I used on which letter.

DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Trick or Treat Bags #iLoveToCreate #Halloween

When dry to the touch, I peeled off the stencil and outlined each letter or candy piece in the Puffy paint the same color as the letter/candy.

DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Trick or Treat Bags #iLoveToCreate #Halloween

To up the girly factor, I squeezed small dots of paint in the "I" and the candy pieces and pressed gems into the paint.

DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Trick or Treat Bags #iLoveToCreate #Halloween

For the boyish bag, I created a simple "Trick {or} Treat" text with bats.

DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Trick or Treat Bags #iLoveToCreate #Halloween

I painted a single coat of white with a Tulip Soft fabric paint.

DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Trick or Treat Bags #iLoveToCreate #Halloween

DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Trick or Treat Bags #iLoveToCreate #Halloween

Then I painted two coats of color using the Glow Puffy Paints.

DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Trick or Treat Bags #iLoveToCreate #Halloween

When dry, I removed the stencil and outlined as with the girly version.  And that's it!  These will be perfect for collecting more candy than the kids can eat in just a few more weeks. ;)

DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Trick or Treat Bags #iLoveToCreate #Halloween

Connect with iLoveToCreate via the iLoveToCreate web site, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

Check out the other fabulous blogger's projects included in this campaign:




Disclosure: I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign with iLoveToCreate and Blueprint Social. The opinions in this post are 100% my own.  Please see the bottom of this blog for a Full Disclosure Statement.  

Linking up on:

3 comments:

  1. These are super cute! I love the bold designs on the black - and how they work day and night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!!! The stencils worked really well with the glow paint, I see! The girlie gems were definitely a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! Kids would love a glow in the dark bag! Stopping by from weekend wrap up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! They totally make my day. :) I may not be able to respond to every comment but I do read each and every one. If you require a response, please email me at designedbydawnnicole@gmail.com. Also, I ask that you please do not leave links in your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...