This blog has moved!!

I've made the jump to being self-hosted. I'll keep this blog up but for all new posts please visit http://www.designedbydawnnicole.com.

10.13.2012

Honeycrisp Harvest Salad

HoneyCrisp Harvest Salad

This salad is my knock-off version of one served at the local cafe on the grounds of the farm where we take our kids Apple and Pumpkin picking in the fall.  It's one of my favorite salads ever.  Light, sweet, and nutty with apples adding the perfect crunch.  And if you've never had Swiss on your salad, you'll be hooked.  Delicious!

We actually just took the kids there last weekend to pick out some Pumpkins.  This pic is pretty much as good as it gets with a 4 year old, 2 1/2 year old, and 7 month old.  It was taken just before my son tried to put the baby in a chokehold and we all went running to save her!  Never a dull moment these days...

IMG_5351

Anyway, back to the awesome salad.

I'm not listing specific amounts for the ingredients because it all depends on how much salad you want to make and how many goodies you like on top of your lettuce!  Plus, I'm pretty sure you all know how to toss a salad together! :)

What You'll Need:
-Green Leaf Lettuce, washed, dried and chopped into bite-sized pieces
-Swiss Cheese, shredded
-Walnuts
-Honeycrisp Apples, cored and chopped into small bite-sized pieces
-Apple Cider Vinaigrette (Apple Cider, Honey, Olive Oil, Lemon,Salt, Pepper and Shallots)

Preheat oven to 350 and spread walnuts on a baking sheet.  Bake, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes or until fragrant and toasted.  Remove from pan and allow to cool.

Then just toss all the ingredients together and enjoy.

Add grilled chicken for a complete meal.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That salad looks soo good!!! I may have to make it very soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! They totally make my day. :) I may not be able to respond to every comment but I do read each and every one. If you require a response, please email me at designedbydawnnicole@gmail.com. Also, I ask that you please do not leave links in your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...